- January 16, 2016 - January 31, 2016
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to row, now is the time. Or if you’ve rowed before, and need a tune up, this is the session to take.
The East Bay Rowing Club’s Masters rowing program is conducting a 7-day Learn To Row program (spread over two weeks) for men and women.
- Learn and practice the rowing stroke and boat handling.
- On-the-water practice first in our (very stable) training barge.
- Then end the 7-day program actually rowing in an 8-person rowing shell on the Oakland Estuary.
- The coach is Sara Nevin, Head Rowing Coach at Mills Valley College, a former champion collegiate rower and board member of the Easy Bay Rowing Club.
Class size is limited. The total fee is $125. When finished, you’ll have the opportunity to continue rowing in our ongoing Novice rowing program, which is $100 per month (far better than a gym!)
The first day is 9-Noon Saturday, Jan. 16.
Practices will be held:
5:20-7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19
5:20-7:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 21
9 a.m. – Noon Sunday, Jan. 24
5:20-7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26
5:20-7:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 28
9 a.m. – Noon Sunday, Jan. 31
All fitness levels are welcome. No experience necessary. For additional info, send an email to email@example.com.
See you on the water!
Venue: Jack London Aquatic Center